Deposits & Payments
- Deposits are 20% of the total registration fee and are required for registration in a program.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to another program.
- A Participant’s spot is not reserved until deposit has been paid and all required forms are completed.
- Payment in full is due a minimum of 10 business days before the program start date. If payment in full has not been received 10 business days prior to the program start date, you authorize Camp Fire to withdraw the remaining balance using the payment method on file plus a $20.00 late fee. This guarantees the participant’s participation in the program.
- If a payment method is not saved on file, or we are unable to withdraw full payment for any reason, and/or the full registration payment has not been made 5 business days prior to the start of the program the participant’s space in the program will be forfeited.
- Payments must be made via Camp Brain or by phone at 515-274-1501. If in person payment is needed, please contact our office to make an appointment. Payments cannot be taken in person at the location of the program.
- We accept cash, check, or credit cards. Our programs also qualify for most flex spending accounts.
- Returned eCheck payments will be assessed a $30 returned check fee. Replacement payment must be made for your camper to participate in current or future Camp Fire programs. Future payments must be made via cash or credit card.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Cancellation requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds or camp credit, excluding deposits, will be given upon cancellation with at least 10 business days’ notice.
- Cancellations made less than 10 business days in advance will not be refunded and fees will not be transferred to another program.
- If the program participant leaves camp early due to illness or injury, the registration fee may be refunded at a pro-rated rate, or the child may be able to attend a later session. If the program participant leaves camp early or arrives late due to homesickness, behavior issues, or for any other reason, there will be no refund or pro-rated fees.
- Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis with documentation of a family medical issue, death in the family, or other circumstances.
- Registration fees already paid will not be refunded in order to use another payment method.
- If Camp Fire finds the need to cancel any program, full refunds will be given.
Absences, Late Pick-Up, & Disciplinary Action
- If the program participant is ill or cannot attend camp for any reason, the Camp Fire Service Center should be notified prior to the program’s drop-off time at 515-274-1501 or by email at email@example.com.
- If the program participant is not picked up by the program’s end time, a fee of $15 will be charged. After 15 minutes, if the participant is still at the program an additional fee of $1/minute will be added. The fee will be charged to the camper’s account and paid via the payment method on file.
- If the program participant is suspended from a program during the course of disciplinary action, program fees will not be reimbursed for that program. If a participant is suspended for the remainder of the season, they will not be expected to pay any camp fees for weeks they do not attend.