What an incredible turnout for Haunted Hantesa this year! On Friday, October 21st & Saturday, October 22nd, we held our annual fall community event, Haunted Hantesa. This event is all about creating connections with our community through our Haunted Trail, Halloween-themed family activities, and making new friends around the campfire. We are so proud to share that it was our most well-attended event to date, with over 500 community members in attendance at Camp Hantesa, experiencing a ~Spooktacular~ weekend with us. Thank you to our incredible volunteers, families, and staff for all of your support! We could not have done this without you all! We also want to thank our community for being so generous, as we received $1,350 in donations at Haunted Hantesa – the most amount to date. We are so thankful for your support in helping us reach more young people across Iowa!
We also hosted our Fall Overnight Camp and Fall Teen Retreat from Friday, October 21st – Sunday, October 23rd at Camp Hantesa! It was truly a weekend of reconnecting with camp friends, creating new friendships & memories, enjoying the magic of camp in the fall, and getting to escape from the stress of the school year. Our incredible staff created an environment that was safe, proactive, accepting, respectful and kind (S.P.A.R.K.) for all of our 25 young people who attended – aged from 6 years old to 17 years old! This space allows them to relax, thrive, have fun, and be themselves.
As we reflect on an amazing fall program weekend, we can’t help but look ahead to our winter programming! If you are interested in experiencing the S.P.A.R.K. environment at Camp Fire, we encourage you to check out our upcoming programs which are listed below! You can learn more and register here.
Upcoming Camp Fire Programs
- Friday, November 4th: School Day Off Program
- Monday, November 7th: School Day Off Program
- Tuesday, November 8th: School Day Off Program & Parents’ Night Out Add-On
- Friday, November 11th: School Day Off Program
- Monday, November 14th: School Day Off Program
- Friday, December 9th: School Day Off Program & Parents’ Night Out Add-On
- Wednesday, December 21st: School Day Off Program
- Thursday, December 22nd: School Day Off Program
- Monday, December 26th – Friday, December 30th: Winter Overnight Camp & School Day Off Programs